Re: More on Nilfisks [faked-from]

Good afternoon, fellow TexCon'ers - Here’s a link to a seller of the HEPA filter vacuum cleaner that I recommend highly (and use myself in my private practice).

Click on the following link to view the Euroclean UZ964H HEPA HIP Style BACKPACK at The Vac Shop North, Inc.: http://www.vacsrus.com/CartGenie/prodInfo.asp?pid=10&cid=8

Yes, the vacuum cleaner costs less than $400. Of course, by the time you add in the cost of the HEPA filters, etc., it is more than $400. But considerably less than a Nilfisk vacuum. The EuroClean has an optional floor nozzle available that makes vacuuming floors/carpeting easier.  Since the vacuum cleaner is worn around your waist (think obi-like), it is very easy to use when vacuuming textiles/costumes while on exhibit. I also like that you don’t trip over the thing since you are wearing it. No speed control however. I use the micro-vacuum attachments at the nozzle.

Regards,

Margaret (Meg) Geiss-Mooney

Textile/Costume Conservator

mgmooney@xxxxxxxxxxxx