storage bins

Hello all,
A committee here at the museum where I work has suggested that, as needed, we replace acid-free cardboard boxes with lidded sterilite storage containers for vault storage of our quilts.  The containers can be seen at these two web pages:
http://www.sterilite.com/Category.html?Section=Storage&ProductCategory=39
http://www.sterilite.com/Category.html?Section=Storage&ProductCategory=40

Since they are made from polypropylene, there is no issue of pH.  The Material Safety Data Sheet shows a melting point of 130-150 degrees C.  It also says "Adequate ventilation must be provided to remove fumes generated" and that pellets used for making them have "a slightly paraffinic odor."

Has anyone used such products for textile storage?  Does anyone have any thoughts or comments about using these containers for this purpose?

One advantage is the cost: very low, and the items are available locally.  I know that static can build up on coroplast storage boxes (also made from polypropylene) so can I assume that these containers would also have static build up?

Thank you in advance.

Judy Schwender
Curator of Collections / Registrar
Museum of the American Quilter's Society
Paducah, KY
(270) 442-8856

Be a PS3 game guru.