From: Textile Conservators [mailto:TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Margariti, Ms C
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 6:43 AM
To: TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: archaeological textiles display

Dear Colleagues,

from your experience, is it better to display a very brittle and
fragile archaeological textile vertically in a pressure mount or
horizontally in a display case? - when space availability is not an
issue.

Christina Margariti
Textile Conservator
Directorate of Conservation of Ancient and Modern Monuments
Greek Ministry of Culture
81 Peiraios Avenue
105 53 Athens
GREECE

Harby Ezzeldeen Hassan Ahmed.
B.A, M.A Historical Textiles Conservation.
Assistant Lecturer- Conservation Department-
Faculty of Archeology- Cairo University- Egypt.
Ph.D Candidate ?Biotechnology Application in Textiles Conservation?.
Department of Chemical Engineering- National Technical University of Athens-Greece.
Tel: 6945572550

Never miss an email again!
Yahoo! Toolbar