From: Textile Conservators [mailto:TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Sharon Niscak
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2007 3:03 PM
To: TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Vapona or DDVP resins strips

Hello All TexConsLers,
Do you know of damage to objects and textiles in the collections in situ from using DDVP (Vapona, SWAT etc) resin strips or dichlorvos for fumigation?

Thanks Margaret I have the Conserve O Gram and S. Williams and Walsh abstracts from the Carnegie Museum.

With appreciation,
Sharon Niscak

Margaret Geiss-Mooney <mgmooney@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi fellow TexConsLers ? The National Park Service Conserve O Gram series (available for free download via: http://www.cr.nps.gov/museum/publications/conserveogram/cons_toc.html)
has one (Number 2/4,  dated 1993) specifically outlining the health hazards for humans as well as collections by dichlorvos.
The Conserve O Gram includes references. And states ?Because of its reactivity with museum objects and health dangers, dichlorvos should only be
used in controlled conditions and only when there is no other acceptable material.?
Regards,
Margaret (Meg) Geiss-Mooney
Textile/Costume Conservator
Professional Associate, AIC