Sonotubes

I'm curious to know what listserv members are using for rolled support of over-sized textiles.

 I know Sonotube forms, sometimes  covered with a barrier film such as Marvelseal,  are often used for large rugs and tapestries. Non-coated tubes can be special-ordered, but I have concerns about the long-term effect of the fiber-binding adhesive in the tube itself on rolled objects wrapped in with protective covers of muslin (more breathable) or polypropylene  film.

The website for Sonotube doesn't offer any information about composition/materials, but I plan to call them tomorrow.
www.sonotube.com

Thanks for any comments you may offer.

Jane Hammond
Adjunct Textile Conservator
The Intermuseum Conservation Association
jane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
janehammond@xxxxxxx

.