seeking vintage burgundy silk velvet, short napped

Dear List Friends,

I am writing on behalf of Kory Berrett, Objects Conservator at Berrett Conservation Studio in Pennsylvania.
We are attempting to locate vintage silk velveteen or short-napped velvet , burgundy, to replace fabric mounted
 on several 12" square frames.
 The fabric that is on them is a very worn silk velvet, very short nap,  that has reached the end of its life.
The frames belong to a museum collection and they wish to have the fabric replaced, and want  replacement
fabric as close as possible in fiber and appearance to the original.  The original is a very short-napped silk velvet, l
ike a velveteen, in a blue-toned burgundy (as opposed to an orange-toned burgundy.)

If anyone can help us locate vintage silk velvet, short napped, in burgundy, please contact me off-list.  I will be most grateful.

Sincerely,

Pat Keller

Patricia Keller, Curator
Berrett Conservation Studio
401 Covered Bridge Lane
Oxford, PA  19363
berrett@xxxxxxxx
(610) 932-2425 phone
(610) 932-8955 fax (voice contact required prior to sending fax)