Re: Position at Indianapolis Museum of Art

Hi Jennifer,
Yes, I'm leaving.  I have taken a position at the V&A in London, so the whole family is going back to the UK in October.  Oh, the logistics.  It's been a great two years, but we really wanted to go home.

Joanne.

>>> jhein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/19 1:26 PM >>>

Dear Joanne,

I'm confused, that's your position.

 Joanne are you leaving or have you been promoted to another position?

Just curious,

Jennifer Hein

conservatour@xxxxxxx

COSTUME AND TEXTILE CONSERVATOR

Indianapolis Museum of Art

The Indianapolis Museum of Art has recently completed its physical expansion that includes a major gallery space devoted exclusively to the display of its significant collection of costumes and textiles.  The textile lab, one of the oldest in the country, is currently accepting applications for the position of Senior or Associate Conservator.  This individual will be responsible for conservation, preventative care and research of the Museum?s collection of costumes and textiles.  The candidate will have a minimum of five years experience from the date of graduation from graduate school or finishing apprenticeship.  This position requires knowledge of art history (with an emphasis on costume and textile history) and familiarity with a range of exhibit mounts and methods.  Candidate will demonstrate artistic ability, knowledge of material science, the ability to identify materials and determine their age, and experience with a broad range of conservation treatments.  Skills in scientific instrumentation and photographic documentation would be expected, as would strong computer skills.  The successful candidate will demonstrate good organization, strong written and oral communication, and research skills.

Applicants should email a letter of interest and current resume to humanresources@xxxxxxxxxx ; or send to:  Human Resources Department, Indianapolis Museum of Art,
4000 Michigan Road, Indianapolis, IN  46208
.   Please reference the code ?TEX-1? in the cover letter.  A pplication deadline is September 15, 2006.  The IMA is an equal opportunity employer.

--Jennifer Hein
Preservation Consultant
Conservator of Historic Textiles, Leather & Ethnography
PO Box 90379, Indianapolis, IN 46290
317-575-9296
CoreComm Webmail.
http://home.core.com