faded embroidered silk

I am working on an embroidered silk, four paneled screen.  Apparently for years the glass covering one of these silk panels had broken and was missing in three areas.  As a result, there is now significant fading of a very deep blue color where the glass is no longer protecting the silk.  My client is interested in minimizing this fading.

I am wondering if anyone could share their experience of a similar problem and how they successfully treated it.

Thank you so much,
Jennifer A. Zemanek
Upholstery Conservator