More on bread cleaning.

One of my paintings conservation collegues tells me that Tatiana Bareis Ausema presented a paper at  the AIC meeting in Portland in 2004 that included testing of various bread recipes in the cleaning of paintings.  Unfortunatlely the postprints for the paintings conservation session have not been published yet.  However, the title of the paper was "A Wide Open Field of Color: Caring for Color Field Paintings at the Hershhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden" by Tatiana Bareis Ausema and Susan Lake.  Perhaps one of the authers could supply a copy of their paper.

Joanne Hackett
Associate Textile Conservator
Indianapolis Museum of Art.