Re: Blood stain identification

For a professional lab you can also try the archaeology/anthropology dept. at Mercyhurst College in PA. One of their specialties is forensic work on blood residues, including species of origin. They do contract work, but be prepared for a long lead time.

http://mai.mercyhurst.edu/Contact%20Info/MAI_1h_contact_mai.htm

Phone: (814) 824-2581 <x-tad-bigger>

</x-tad-bigger>
David Walker

Talisman Restoration, Inc.
719 Swift St. #5
Santa Cruz, CA 95060 USA
Tel: 831 425 7847
Fax: 831 425 7829
email: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger>

stillwaterstudio@xxxxxxxxxxx 01/24 8:35 AM >>>
Hi everyone:

I have a client with a cotton Confederate (1860's) flag with stains that
have historically been considered to be blood. My client is interested in
having the stains analyzed to confirm or disprove this. I'm aware of
fairly