Re: hot cutting tool

Hi Shirley,

I am unfamiliar with the tool that you mention in your email.  However, I have found another tool that is suitable for hot melt cutting Tetex from Lee Valley Tools (www.leevalley.com).  The tool is the Razertip Wood Burning System and it is made in Canada.  Two models can be found in the 2005 Lee Valley catalogue on page 73.  One has a single wood burning pen, and the other has the capability of handling two pens.

Razertip Model # SK (single pen) $149 CDN
Razertip Model #SS-D10 (dual pen) $189 CDN

You have the option of purchasing 'fixed tip' handpieces, heavy duty 'fixed tip' handpieces, and miniature interchangeable tips and interchangeable handles.  Our lab purchased the SK (single pen) model and a set of miniature interchangeable tips and we are very happy with it.

Renée Dancause
Conservator
Canadian Conservation Institute
1030 Innes Road
Ottawa, ON, Canada
K1A 0M5
Tel:  (613)998-3721
Fax:  (613)998-4721
renee_dancause@xxxxxxxxx

Shirley Ellis <shirleye@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: Textile Conservators <TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

01/12/2006 12:33 PM

Please respond to
Textile Conservators <TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
hot cutting tool

I am trying to locate a hot cutting tool suitable for cutting
Stabiltex/Tetex.  I've found the archived info on COOL which refers to:

Combination Stencil Cutting Kit:
Item number: CSC120
The American Quilter
P.O. Box 7455
Menlo Park, CA 94025

Does anyone know of this company and what their phone number/email
address might be?  Or of another source for this tool or others suitable
for hot cutting Tetex?

thanks,
Shirley

Shirley Ellis