Re: Natural Resins on band caver the mummy

Can you give me/us an idea of
1) what you have already read (or know of through your bibliographic search)?
2) what you are likely to have access to, in terms of  books, journals etc?

Have you, for example, reviewed materials on the conservation bibliographic database (www.bcin.ca)?  Can we assume you're familiar with the relevant literature published by the textile conservation community in the past decade or so? Do you have access to JSTOR or Project Muse, two full-text databases of journals, including art, science and materials sciences?*

This information would make it possible for us to help you better.

Best regards

Sarah Lowengard
sarahl@xxxxxxxxx
New York City

(*Does anyone know if there are similar projects in languages other than English?)

harbyezzeldeen@xxxxxxxxx 12/21/05 10:04 am >>>

  Hi everyone
      I have the pleaure e-mailing yours, and I have big question, I am
Ph.D student my work about ( Enzymes application for textiles ) , I have
samples from linen textiles that used as a band cover and enfold the
mummy from ancient egypt , i will make analysis for natural resins that
are on textiles enfold to choose suitable ezyme for cleaning .
   are anyone have idea or information about :-
  1) what kind of analysis suitable for this .
  2) what kind of resins that expected be on my samples.
     accept my deep thanks
           Harby Ezzeldeen
     M.A in textiles conservation.
     Conservation depatment - Cairo univeristy .
    Ph.D holder in biochemical department
    National techical Univeristy of athens.