Re: Mineral / Poison Green Dyes and Printed Canvas

I am seeking any published information on the development and use of mineral/poison green dyes applied with a discharge print. The sofa is pictured below. This muslin weight fabric was used as a show cover for a sofa. The sofa is said to be 1850's.  However, 6 layers of show covers, the first a black horsehair leads me to believe it may be 1820's.

PC130059.jpg
The poison green fabric ground is figured with black vermiculate, pin dots, and small flowers. The print is non-directional and was used as a 4th generation show cover over a cotton printed canvas. It appears that later poison green prints were commonly combined with a third yellow color.  This fabric is light weight and could not have had a long life.

PA0100035.jpg
I am also wondering if anyone has ever come across a printed canvas with revival Turkish design similar to the one below employed as a 2nd generation show cover.  I have never seen anything like this.  The fabric looks almost art deco or late arts and crafts.  However, I believe it was applied to the sofa in the 1850's-70's.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ann Frisina
Textile Conservator
Minnesota Historical Society