info for aspiring textile conservators

Happy New Year!

Some years ago there was an exchange on this list about the required background and qualities of aspiring textile conservators and possibly also a reading list for orientation. I have been unable to find these messages in the archives and so would appreciate it if someone could inform me of the dates and/or subject. Should anyone have any thoughts on the matter now, anno 2005, that would be interesting as an update.

with thanks,

Jennifer Barnett
regina textilia: historical textiles research & consultation
Oude Looiersstraat 65-67
1016 VH Amsterdam
Netherlands
tel/fax ** 31 (0)20 427 18 27