Thanks! and yet another inquiry

Thank you all for your helpful responses on chelating and rust stain removal!  Now another question, and yes, I checked out the archives first for leads.

Is any one doing research on those “Dirt Eraser” sponges from Absorene?  We know that some people think they are ok to use on sturdy textiles and objects if you vacuum them extremely well afterwards.  Other folks just feel that the micro crumbs of that nasty rubber, or much contact at all is just asking for future trouble.  We debate endlessly here about it.  Is anyone working on this?  Any thoughts to share?

Carol Kropnick

Amann Conservation