Aging of Paraloid for Object numbers

Mary Gissing, > Conservator of Cultural Material
> Powerhouse Museum,Australia

Does anyone or you have any examples with Paraloid B-72 & ink that have
aged 10-15 years, even if not on Reemay? We had an ageing problem that
yellowed so at The State Museum in IN when I was there we went to
carbon typed copy or ink on cotton... I believe it ages nicely.

>The Reemay tag is prepared with the object number
> hand printed in indelible ink and sealed with a layer of Paraloid B-72

--Jennifer Hein
Preservation Consultant
Historic Object Conservator of Textiles, Leather & Ethnography
PO Box 90379, Indianapolis, IN 46290