pest management

Up to 5 years ago there were used different chemical substances to keep insects out of the textile depot. Since 5 years we use
vegetable substances, like cloveoil and some dryed plants (Patchouli, Steinklee) for hamper possible activities. These substances we freshed up periodically. To monitore if there are insects in the depot we put up hormone traps. Until today there were no insects watched. In December we found a small amount of larva between the objekts (wool).

With which preventive method do you have the best experience to keep insects out of the textile depot?

Thanks for your help!

Julia Dummer
Textileconservator
Staatliche Museen Kassel