costume nomenclature

This query concerns nomenclature for historic costumes.  I am studying a
polychrome and gilt 16th-17th century bas relief sculpture of English
origin.  Many layers of overpaint obscure detail and make it difficult to
differentiate parts of costumes and floral decoration.

I am seeking an illustrated guide that names parts or pieces of period
English costumes, in print or on-line.

With many thanks,

Jamie

James Martin

Research Scientist in Chemistry
Williams College
james_martin.tripod.com/williams.htm

*** Please don't send e-mail attachments.  Cut-and-paste text into the
body of an e-mail message. ***