anoxic workshop in Richmond Virginia Oct 13

Hello All

I'll be hosting a workshop on oxygen-free pest control and storage on Saturday October 13 from ten until noon. I'll also be in Washington on the 12'th wandering about, and would be happy to talk to anyone then, or just leave samples for you. Workshop information follows:

js

Oxygen-free packaging is a proven technique for long-term storage of sensitive items (especially organic materials and metals). It is also used by conservators for the safe treatment of insect pests when freezing or poisons are not an option. The system is simple: the object to be treated is inserted into a barrier film envelope, the appropriate oxygen absorber is added, and the bag sealed. Within hours, the oxygen level within the envelope is reduced to an extremely low level. Degradation involving oxygen is halted or dramatically slowed, and insects, larvae, pupae and eggs are destroyed.

The workshop will take place at Corporate & Museum Frame, 310 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA. We encourage you to bring a small object to be encapsulated in an anoxic environment,. Samples will be distributed and a materials fee of $20 will apply to all attendees. Refreshments will be served from 9:30 am, the workshop begins at 10:00.

Keepsafe Systems specializes in materials and solutions for micro climate and oxygen-free storage, featuring products by Mitsubishi Gas Chemical, Engineered Materials, and Micro Climate Technology. Come learn more about Ageless and RP System oxygen absorbers, Escal and other barrier films, Corrosion Intercept and the Micro Climate Generator.

Please contact Jerry Shiner for more information at info@xxxxxxxxxxx or call 800 683-4696

Jerry Shiner
Object & Textile Conservation Services Ltd. O/A
Keepsafe Systems & Forever Yours Gown Bridal Preservation
Visit www.gowncare.com