Polyurethane leather

Can any members of the list recommend a product/source for a synthetic black
"leather" that could function as a stable replacement for degrading
(now-sticky) polyurethane rubber "leather" that has been used in a large,
appliqued wall hanging?
The 7' x 9' textile dates from the late 1970s and will be displayed in an
open setting within a corporate office.

It is important, visually, that the replacement material have the grained
look of top-dressed leather.  I have considered the possibility of laminating
black, bookbinder's, leather-grained paper to a non-woven backing and
applying a matte varnish (or a light rubbing of microcrystalline wax) to
obtain a satin-like sheen.  I imagine the final product would have to be
manipulated and wrinkled to reduce the flat look of paper and provide some
visual texture.

I would also appreciate any information about stabilizing oxidizing synthetic
rubber leather.  Anoxidant treatment is not an option.

Comments and advice will be much appreciated.

Jane Hammond