Re: Virus alert

Dear Textile Conservation discussion list participants--I got a virus like this last fall and my computer here at work was trashed! So in the hopes that nothing like that occurs to you, here is the information from our in-house computer person:

This message is to remind everyone to not open any ".exe" e-mail attachments or any other attachments unless you are expecting them from a sender you know.

The new generation of viruses not only corrupts files but can infect key components of the computer.  One infected, the computer's motherboard must be replaced.  This is not good.