Nylon Net

I am trying to find a North American source (if possible) for nylon net of the
type that has been used in adhesive support treatments.  I understand that the
net used in the UK is a soft, fine fabric, 20 denier monofilament, 540 cm
wide, and of a hexagonal bobbinet construction.  The only nylon nets that I
can find in my local fabric stores are either very coarse, rather stiff, or of
a diamond rather than hexagonal net construction (the tulle used for wedding
veils).  Those that look appropriate are the background for lace fabric.

Does anyone know of a source for a fine nylon net in Canada or the US?  I need
this fabric for research purposes and would thus like to match as closely as
possible what conservators are using in the field.

Irene Karsten

Doctoral Student in Textile Conservation
Department of Human Ecology
3-02 Human Ecology Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta