19th century velvet

I am a conservator of photographs trying to find a supplier for some plush
red velvet to be used to cover a reproduction 19th century frame. The
original frame has a few remnants of thick plush red (watermelon tone) silk
velvet on the back which we are trying to match. We are looking for either
new or antique fabric which has a similar texture and colour. The
photograph in the original frame dates from 1878, and we are assuming the
velvet covered frame is from the same period. I would greatly appreciate
any suggestions of where I could find a supplier for this type of fabric?

Angeletta Leggio
National Gallery of Victoria
Australia
angeletta.leggio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx