silk crepeline ribbon

Dear list memebrs

I spoke to Tom Klaas, at Testfabrics, about this, because I remembered having a few conversations about Testfabrics' sourcing, or supplying such things.*  Although he reminded me that that earlier try ('94 or '97) got nowhere in terms of finding an alternate supplier, there is the possiblity that he could arrange to make silk crepeline ribbons.  He needs to know a few things first, and so if those of you who are interested could respond to me (NOT Testfabrics) with the answers to the following questions.

preferred width(s)

color(s)

If not silk would another fiber be acceptable (e.g. polyester) and if so, which?

What, in your opinion, are the more important characteristics of this fabric?

How have you used this fabric in the past?  How do you anticipate using it now?  (This information will be helpful when we try to coordinate different answers!)

Thanks.

Sarah

*They have a fairly comprehensive network of agents for their industry businesses, so supplying outside of the US may not  be a problem.

Sarah  Lowengard                                             sarahl@xxxxxxxxx
 17 July, 2000                                                        New York City