Pipe clay

I am a textile conservator at the Australian War Memorial.  I am currently
preparing a off white German Consular  Pith Helmet (c1899) for display in an
upcoming exhibition.  It is required that the helmet be re-coated with original
style, off-white pipe clay dressing as part of this preparation.  I am searching
for a supplier of this pipe clay dressing for this purpose.  I believe that the
it was once supplied by a company called Gieves and Hawkes in London, however I
have been in contact with them and they no longer stock it.  Can anybody help
with this ?

Sarah Clayton
Textile Conservator
Australian War Memorial