Re: index system

Both University Products (www.universityproducts.com) and Light Impressions (www.lightimpressionsdirect.com) carry plastic sleeves or bags for storage of photographs and ephemera. Depending on the size you select for your file cards, there should be a size to fit. Nancy

>>> jkip@xxxxxxxxx 06/26/00 14:46 PM >>>
     I want to start an index system to mount my vintage fabric swatches. I've
decided to use archival index cards for easy maintenance and retrieval,
mounting swatch on one side and information on other.  Notebooks take up too
much room, are bulky and hard to handle.
     I know  Gaylords carries archival index cards but I need a source for
archival clear protector sleeves to fit over card. I would also like to know if
there are other archival supply companies which carry index systems so I can
compare them to Gaylords.. Does anyone know a source selling index-size
protectors and other archival supply firms?
     Would also welcome  suggestions if there is a more convenient fabric
identification method than index cards. Thanx