advice sought on textile history source(s)

Can anyone recommend a book that discusses textile history in central or
eastern Europe in the early-modern epoch?  I'm particularly interested in
the German-speaking regions from the end of the thirty-years war to about
1810, and my preoccupations are principally social and economic, rather
than art-historical.  What scarce mentions I can find seems to assume that
either what existed in the middle ages continued to exist until the heavy
industrialization of the 19th century, or to assume that what held for
France was simply true throughout Europe.  I am anxious to confirm or
refute these impressions, but would prefer not to have to do the primary
research myself.

Thanks very much

Sarah

Sarah Lowengard                                            sarahl@xxxxxxxxx
Max-Planck-Insitut fuer Wissenschaftsgeschichte
30 March 2000                                              Berlin