Historic costume colors

Dear Colleagues:

The DuPage County Historical Museum in Wheaton, Illinois, is seeking information about clothing colors. If you can help with this research, please respond directly to the museum, not to the list or to me. Thanks.
Pat Miller

RE: Historic Costume Colors

In preparation for a costume exhibit on "Color", I am looking for
research/sources on colors and/or dyes in 19th and 20th c. costume. Color
meaning, color theory, color names, influences on fashionable colors, advice
on what colors to wear, etc...

Our collection dates, mid-19th c. to present, midwestern and middle class;
every day and special occasion peices will be exhibited. I've found good
sources on contemporary color forecasting, marketing, haming, "colorizing,"
but need more leads on earlier periods.

Please reply off list to:

Steph McGrath
Sr. Curator