[padg] FW: [alctsleaders] Call for Reporters

Please consider serving as a reporter at ALA Annual for the ANO
Newsletter!

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary Beth Weber [mailto:mbfecko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 3:33 PM
To: alctsleaders
Subject: [alctsleaders] Call for Reporters

Dear Colleagues,

I'm issuing a call for reporters for ALCTS preconferences and programs
that will take place at the 2009 ALA Annual Conference in Chicago in
July.   A list is attached that includes program descriptions. I've also

included a LITA program that may be of interest to ALCTS members, plus
three OCLC programs.  Reports are about 500 words, but may be longer.
If you want to submit a report on other programs at Annual that may be
of interest to ALCTS members, please feel free to contact me.  The
reports will be published in the September issue of the ALCTS Newsletter
Online (ANO) and will carry a byline.  Last year's reports are available
at
http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/alcts/resources/ano/v19/n4/rpts/prog.c
fm.

Please not that you *must* be registered to attend the preconferences.
One of the preconferences is a two-day affair (Metadata Standards and
Applications: A "Cataloging for the 21st Century" Workshop).  Anyone who
volunteers to report on this session may arrange to report on it with
another person.   Each person typically reports on one day.

Contact me if you're interested in reporting or would like to suggest
someone, and I'll send you the guidelines.  Reporters don't have to be
ALCTS members, but they must be registered for the ALA Conference.
Reports are due by August 15 and will run in the September issue of ANO.

Reports on committee and interest group meetings and programs are the
responsibility of the chairs of those groups.  I'll issue a separate
message regarding deadlines and format for submission of those reports.

Sincerely,

Mary Beth Weber
Editor, ALCTS Newsletter Online

--