[padg] Magnalac coating?

Can anybody comment on the preservation qualities of an acrylic wood coating Magnalac? I'm considering the purchase of a relatively airtight display case for temporary exhibition of archival materials that uses it as a sealant.

While I have read the literature about Melamine, I'm not so sure about this stuff. I have also found no references about its use as a preservationally sound material.

Ross