[padg] mold advice

Our institution is waiting for mold remediation bids.  The room is located in a basement of an old facility. The temperature is fairly consistent at 73F.   Humidity control is difficult. Our rainy and humid season has started.  I expect  the humidity to rise compared to the winter months.  Currently, the mold is on the spines of items scattered around 5 rows of compact shelving.  No visible growth on items below the 3rd shelf from the top. We haven't seem huge growth in the last month.

My question is should I bag the items that have visible mold to "save" those that don't have visible mold?  Will bagging them make it impossible for restoring- make the mold grow faster on the infected item?

I have no time line on how long the bidding process with take.  Thanks for any assistance
Kathryn
Preservation Facilitator

Kathryn Talbot
Government Publications