[padg] Single-stitched binder tape

Hello All,

My library pamphlet binds a lot of music scores, and we have come to notice a marked difference in the quality of the green tape that comes in our binders and in the white single-stitched tape from Gaylord that we use when we have to create our own binders or for pamphlet binders that did not come with tape.  The pre-gummed tape in the binders works wonderfully and with no problem.  When we have to use the pre-gummed single-stitched binder tape from the roll, however, we have terrible trouble getting it to adhere to the binders, and we often have to go back and use PVA to get it to attach to the pamphlet binder.  Could anyone suggest a better quality single-stitched tape that we might order?

Thanks so much!

Jessica

Jessica Phillips

Preservation Librarian