[padg] FW: [alctsleaders] E Forum on Library Budgets and the state of the economy: Challenges and Opportunities

FYI
Bobbie

-----Original Message-----
From: lgerman@xxxxxxx [mailto:lgerman@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 10:16 AM
To: alctsleaders@xxxxxxx
Subject: [alctsleaders] E Forum on Library Budgets and the state of the economy: Challenges and Opportunities

Dear ALCTS leaders

Please spread the word on your lists (I can do Colldev and Acqnet)
about this e budget forum.

Thanks,

Lisa

Please join the Association for Library Collections & Technical
Services(ALCTS) for an e-forum discussion on Monday, April 6 and
Tuesday, April 7, 2009. Although participation is free for ALCTS
members and non-members alike, registration is required as noted below.

The current economic environment is none like we've seen in our
lifetime.  Our institution's endowments are falling and state budget
support is being cut back.  How are you coping with budget retrenchment
in your library? Are you doing cost/benefit analyses on your service
portfolio?  Can you find opportunities in these difficult times?  Come
share your experiences and ideas with your colleagues. 620 people have
already
registered for the discussion forums.	Perhaps we can
help and learn from one another!

The two day forum will be moderated by:

Lisa German
Assistant Dean for Technical and Collections Services
Penn State University Libraries

and

Ann Snowman
Head of Access Services
Penn State University Libraries

To register:
Go to: http://lists.ala.org/sympa, click on ALCTS (spelled out) under
the ALA Division heading, then choose alcts-eforum@xxxxxxxx A login and
password are required to register. Instructions for obtaining a login
and password may be found on the list homepage.

Please join us at 9 on Monday,April 6th for what promises to be a very
worthwhile and interesting discussion!

Lisa and Ann