From: Janet Gertz [mailto:gertz@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Fri 2/13/2009 5:34 PM
To: padg@xxxxxxx
Subject: [padg] RE: "first phase" housing solution for books?

Shrink-wrapping does work well.  I would add one caveat for anyone
putting a lot of shrink-wrapped items into a storage facility.  There
are limits in some local fire codes for the amount of plastic (including
shrink-wrap) that can go into a single facility.  Tyvek has the
advantage of being non-flammable, but of course is not see-through.

Janet Gertz
Columbia University Libraries

<<winmail.dat>>