[padg] Barcode software

Staff at the University of Chicago Library wand in or scan barcodes to reprint them for rebinding and other conservation work.  We recently purchased additional Zebra thermal printers (model TLP 2844 and model Stripe S4) to use for this purpose.  We have been using an old DOS program to replicate the barcodes with our older machines but we are having problems using this program with the new machines.  We purchased software called “Easy Label Software” to use with the new printers but we have been unsuccessful in getting it to work properly.   Can anyone recommend any easy-to-use software (off-the shelf or custom made) for reprinting barcodes?

Thanks,

Sherry

Sherry Byrne

Preservation Librarian