[padg] Co-libri cover material

How much does anyone know about the Co-libri covering material?  How
safe should we consider it? The box says it's 100% polyethylene---in
fact, it also claims the covers protect against light damage.  We were
just wondering because special collections librarians asked.  We use
Co-libri covers to protect many non-artifactual books, especially books
with dust jackets that require saving, but we really don't know much
more except they provide effective and affordable physical protection
for many of our collections.
Thanks,
Tyra Grant
Head, Preservation Department