From: Kristen Kern <kernk@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:13:20 -0700
To: <padg@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [padg] ILL stickers

Hi All,

The question about using the non-permanent stickers on books for routing when lent to other libraries has risen again for our library. Thus far we have managed to maintain the use of the paper wrap for routing, but there is a move to make the processing of lent books more "efficient." Was there an initiative to ban the use of the stickers that was discussed in PARS, or am I imagining it?

Any ammunition to discourage this practice would be most appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Kris
--

Kristen Kern