[padg] ALCTS Planning Database

Hello,

  As the PARS rep on the ALCTS Planning Committee I am reminding all PARS committee chairs, discussion group/interest group chairs to update the ALCTS Planning Database.  Please do this in the next month or two, certainly before ALA mid-winter.

http://www.ala.org/cfapps/alcts/planning/plan_home.cfm

  This database is a way for ALCTS to get a good picture of things that we:

--have done [please go in and  mark activities that have been completed!]

--are thinking of doing [this may help with the budgeting of time slots  and money at meetings]

--are presently doing [showing we are an active part of ALCTS and ALA].

   If you are chair and haven't a clue what I am talking about, please contact me < roberta.pilette@xxxxxxxx > and I'll be happy to walk you through the database inputting process.

  Also, for those of you who have used the database, if you have had any problems, please let me know.  We are trying to track the problems in order to get them corrected.

  It is important that we contribute regularly and keep the database up to date  as ALCTS will be using the database in strategic planning--reviewing strengths, weaknesses, gaps, etc.   I encourage all chairs to get in the habit of reviewing your entries prior to and just after every ALA meeting.

Thanks

Bobbie Pilette

Preservation Department

Yale University Library