[padg] Looking for Panelists

Good Morning fellow PADGers,

I am chairing a PARS program for Annual 09 titled "Preservation Without a Preservation Librarian."  The brief description of the program is as follows:

Many libraries manage preservation programs and activities without a full-time preservation administrator.  Managing preservation in small and mid-sized libraries of all types (public, academic, school, special, etc.) depends on the integration of preservation responsibilities into all units and the support of administration.  This program will outline the role of the director and others in the library, policies and planning, and program elements to initiate and support preservation efforts.

I am seeking two speakers for the panel.  I have already lined up Bobbie Pilette (Thank you Bobbie!) as my first speaker.  I have some names from the Northeast but would like to present speakers from other parts of the country.  They should be good speakers and  willing to go to Chicago next summer.  See below for a bit more detail on what the speakers will be covering.

First Speaker:  Preservation Administrator (30 min.)
    The benefits of a preservation program
    The needs assessment and outside consultants
    Funding opportunities
    Elements of a program (the building and environment, collections maintenance/repair, security, etc.)

Second Speaker:  Library Director from a small to mid-sized institution with a program (30 min.)
    The importance of administrative support – leadership, training, funding, etc.
    The organizational mission
    Policies and planning
    Keys to establishing and sustaining a preservation program

Third Speaker:  Preservation Administrator or staff member from small to mid-sized library with program (30 min.)
    Assigning and coordinating responsibility to individuals/units
    Program oversight and accountability
    Continuing education
    Long-term objectives

Thank you all very much for any suggestions(or volunteers) that you can share.

Donia Conn
Field Service Representative
Northeast Document Conservation Center
100 Brickstone Square