[padg] Ann Russell of NEDCC retiring

In case you haven't seen this already.

From: Ann Russell [mailto:annr@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 3:18 PM
Subject: RE: 30 Years

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

I write to let you know that I will be retiring as Executive Director of NEDCC on November 1, 2008.  Serving as the Center’s leader for the past 30 years has been a wonderful experience.

When I was appointed to the post in 1978, NEDCC was a small, floundering start-up effort.  No one could have anticipated that it would achieve national and international recognition for the expertise of its staff and the breadth of its educational services.  Positioning the Center for the 21st century has been especially rewarding, from launching the legendary School for Scanning conferences, to the development of free publications and tools on the Center’s Website (5 million hits per year), to expanding its high-end digitization services.

It has been a privilege to work with so many remarkable and skilled people who are dedicated to preserving cultural heritage.  To the many organizations and individuals who have participated in NEDCC’s programs and continue to support the Center, thank you.

Warm regards,

Ann

Ann Russell
Executive Director