[padg] Unrolling Old Newspapers

Hello All:

I am an archivist at the San Diego Maritime Museum. I recently received a donation of old photographs and two 1905 newspapers with articles that pertain to the photographs.

The newspapers are rolled up and stored in tubes. Does anyone have specific advice about how to process the newspapers after removing them from the tubes? What is the best method for unrolling and flattening the newspapers?

Joseph Cottingham

Maritime Museum

vancott4686@xxxxxxxxxxxxx