[padg] Book structure

The following is posted on behalf of Pete Jermann, who is not on this list.
Pete has Web published a series of articles examining the physics and
function of book structure and materials:

In June of 1998 I gave a presentation on fan-glued binding and adhesive book
structures to the Library Binding Discussion Group at the annual ALA
conference.  At the time the ideas presented existed only on slides and in
my head.  Six years later, in 2004 I belatedly wrote Reflections on Book
Structures - part 2  which finally presented some of the concepts I
presented in 1998.  As of last week I have finally, and even more belatedly,
posted Reflections on Book Structures- part 3 which recaps a bit of part 2
and goes on to cover the remaining ideas in my presentation plus
conclusions, ideas and clarifications I came to following the talk.   The
article can be found on my website at www.temperproductions.com .  Click on
the "How-to-Guides" link where you will find the article along with the
earlier parts 1 and 2.   I welcome any comments.

-Pete Jermann
TeMPeR Productions
117 South 14th St.
Olean, NY 14760