[padg] meta | morphosis: the university of kentucky film-to-digital institute

[Apologies for cross-posting!]

Converting microfilm assets to digital content – come learn how to do it!

Are you interested in converting your microfilm holdings into digital assets?
Are you interested in converting newspaper holdings?
Are you interested in seeking funding to participate in conversion projects?
Do you anticipate outsourcing a film to digital project?

If so, I urge you to register for “meta|morphosis: the university of kentucky film-to-digital institute which is scheduled for September 24th-25th, 2008 in Lexington Kentucky.

The program will help you learn to:
…determine when digitizing from microfilm is the best solution for you
… evaluate microfilm and determine if it is appropriate for digitization
… strategically select content
… decide whether to do the project in-house or to outsource it
… make good images
… write an RFP
… select a vendor
… explore partnerships to your advantage
… seek appropriate funding
... get started in film-to-digital conversion
... move your program forward
... improve your grant applications

Registration is now open at http://www.regonline.com/metamorphosis08   Space is limited in order to provide an excellent learning opportunity for participants.  Both prior institutes sold out early so do not delay in registering.  The deadline for early bird registration is July 19th.

Feedback on the previous institutes has been excellent.  It may be noted that five of the six new National Digital Newspaper Program awardees are prior meta|morphosis participants.

Our team looks forward to extending our warm Kentucky hospitality to you in September!  Please feel free to contact me if you have a question.

Becky

Becky Ryder
Head, Preservation Services &
Principal Investigator The Daily Racing Form Preservation Project
110 King Library
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY  40506-0039

phone:  859-257-5713