[padg] Project Management Software Recommendations?

[Posted to PADG, DigLib, Digital-Text, and Digipres]

I'm looking for recommendations for a software program to help me manage multiple digitization moving through our digitization center. In particular, I would like to find a package that will help me chart the steps for each digitization project, along with the staff resources and equipment committed to that project. I would like it to tell me, for instance, whether I've scheduled one staff member to seventy hours' scanning one week while assigning another to only twenty, or that I have two projects expecting to use the same digital camera during the same week.

Bonus points for  features such as those that give me the ability to compare estimated time with the actual time, that allows all members of the department to enter data, for a program that's easy to use, and for one that's inexpensive. What do others of you use?
Thanks,
Winston

Winston Atkins
Preservation Officer