[padg] outsourcing of shelf preparation/processing

Hello all,
Does your library outsource some or all of its shelf preparation activities (call number labels, security strips, barcodes, etc.)?  I would appreciate hearing your comments about cost-effectiveness and your experiences with vendors.  If a different department in your library coordinates shelf prep, please forward this query to them.

I found a 2001 PADG discussion of shelf-ready services that focused specifically on binding, but I did not find any discussion of the other shelf prep activities.  If you know of a past discussion thread that I missed, please let me know!

Thanks,
Ann Marie

Ann Marie Willer
Preservation Services Librarian