[padg] RE: RE: RE: Re: Preservation photocopiers

Bu Wilson, our reformatting manager, mentioned this about edge copying:

Our own experience investigating bevel attachments on a regular
copier/scanner was to discover that the attachment skewed the
front-to-back registration. This might not be a problem with machines
that are designed with a bevel. But I would recommend finding a vendor
who allows a week or two trial usages of the machines.

-- Bu

I also want to point to Doug's comment concerning fused imaging. It is
disturbing that greater and greater volumes of fused imaging are being
integrated into paper library collections as copier-based
print-on-demand infiltrates monographic publication. This fused imaging
is also generally applied to alkaline side paper stock providing two new
variables for long term image stability.

Gary Frost
University of Iowa