From: Cybulski, Walter (NIH/NLM) [E]
To: padg@xxxxxxx <padg@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon Mar 03 07:49:29 2008
Subject: Re: [padg] avian flu pandemic planning

Hi Andy:

Unfortunately I am not at NLM today but have forwarded your question. For starters I would advise anyone seeking answers specifically related to the spread of something like avian flu to NIH pandemic flu guidance.  For starters you can check http:www.pandemicflu.gov
I have not seen any specific guidance that addresses the possible role of shared physical objects (eg books or other collection materials) in the spread of an aiborne virus but will try to get a response from someone quailfied to answer.
- Walter Cybulski
NLM