[padg] consider writing for LRTS

Dear Preservation Colleagues,

On behalf of the /LRTS/ Editorial Committee, I would like to remind you, as you prepare for ALA Midwinter, to take inspiration from your own work there, and from the ideas of others, and consider the publication opportunities offered by your own ALA/ALCTS journal//. On /LRTS/' web page (http://www.ala.org/ala/alcts/alctspubs/librestechsvc/libraryresources.cfm) you will find it described as follows:
/"LRTS/ supports the theoretical, intellectual, practical, and scholarly aspects of the profession of collection management and development, acquisitions, cataloging and classification, preservation and reformatting, and serials by publishing articles (subject to double-blind peer review) and book reviews, and editorials and correspondence in response to the same." You will also find author instructions and FAQs there.

Please note that a number of excellent preservation pieces that have been published in LRTS in recent years, but it is so important to our field to keep preservation research coming out in print. Some of the recent LRTS articles on preservation include the following:

Quo Vadis, Preservation Education? A Study of Current Trends and Future Needs in Continuing Education Programs by Karen F. Gracy and Jean Ann Croft

Quo Vadis, Preservation Education? A Study of Current Trends and Future Needs in Graduate Programs by Karen F. Gracy and Jean Ann Croft

Use of General Preservation Assessments: Outputs by Karen E. K. Brown

Current and Emerging Challenges for the Future of Library and Archival Preservation byThomas H. Teper

The Condition of our “Hidden” Rare Book Collections by Jennifer Hain Teper and Sarah M. Erekson

If you have any questions which are not answered by the LRTS web page, I would be happy to try and answer them.

Best wishes,

Yvonne

--
Yvonne Carignan