[padg] Time to Register! Gray Areas to Green Areas in Austin, TX

Title: Time to Register! Gray Areas to Green Areas in Austin, TX
The Kilgarlin Center for Preservation of the Cultural Record of the School of Information at the University of Texas at Austin, in collaboration with The Getty Conservation Institute and The University of Texas at Austin Center for Sustainable Development, invite you to attend:

From Gray Areas to Green Areas:
Developing Sustainable Practices in Preservation Environments
Austin, Texas
November 1-2, 2007

Held on the University of Texas campus, this symposium will address the question of how we can better balance the resources required for the conservation and preservation of our cultural heritage with the urgent need to protect our environment and its natural resources.  Distinguished speakers from a variety of fields including conservation, architecture, engineering, and public policy will focus on the challenges of developing and maintaining "green" practices in our libraries, archives, and museums.  They will discuss real-world successes and failures, and give insight into the future of sustainable practices in heritage preservation sites.

Keynote speaker Michael Henry is an expert in the preservation of historic buildings and collections with environmentally sustainable methods.  He has international experience overseeing projects and teaching in Mexico, Brazil, and India, among others.  Henry was a 1995-6 Fulbright Distinguished Scholar at the Centre for Sustainable Heritage, University College London, and is currently the Principal Engineer/Architect with Watson & Henry Associates.

For more information and to register for the symposium, visit:  http://www.ischool.utexas.edu/kilgarlin/gaga/index.html.
--
Ellen Cunningham-Kruppa
Director