[padg] Survey help

Dear Colleagues:  I am doing a media survey for the University of
Michigan Libraries to find out what our various collections are doing
with their non-book media, how many items are in the collections and in
what format.  The first phase concerns archival copies of titles we are
now licensing for online access.

The first question I need to ask is what are other libraries doing with
their archival media?
If libraries are receiving archival copies, what format are vendors
sending? Or are the vendors simply allowing libraries to download the
on-line version for archival storage? How are preservation issues being
handled? Are there any written policies and procedures? And if so would
you be willing to share them with me?

Please contact me directly.  I will summarize the results for PADG.  All
help will be greatly appreciated.   Joan

Joan Gatewood
Preservation & Conservation
University of Michigan Library
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-3213